Senior Laboratory IRMS Technician
The successful applicant will be occupied in the context of novel authentication methods of analysis, with experience running, maintaining and troubleshooting TCEA / EA-IRMS instrumentation, a good understanding of the requirements for accurate measurement of carbon, nitrogen, sulphur, oxygen and hydrogen isotopic ratios across a range of matrices.
- Operate and maintain EA-IRMS, TCEA-IRMS and GC-C/P-IRMS instrumentation
- Independently undertake analytical assignments, routine maintenance of the IRMS instrumentation, troubleshooting and repair of IRMS instrumentation, seek direct technical support from manufacturers
- IRMS Data processing and normalization, routine quality control per sequence
- Long term optimization in the IRMS laboratory
- Support the management of consumables and spare parts
Was wir anbieten
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-leading analytical lab in Austria with a very exciting future. We offer a modern, dynamic and innovative working environment in a high-tech laboratory, a chance to work with a wide spectrum of methods, in a multidisciplinary team, with a friendly international working atmosphere. Competitive payment starting from €50.000 gross salary per year dependent on qualifications and skills.
Der ideale Bewerber (m/w/d)
- The required qualifications are a minimum 3 years hands-on experience in Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (preferably Delta V/Delta Q series), knowledge of instrument maintenance and troubleshooting procedures (ion source, reactors, columns, capillaries, tubings), technical skills
- Experience in stable isotope ratio analysis and stable isotope ratio data handling
- Well versed in MS-Excel and computer software (incl. instrument software – Isodat/Qtegra)
- Fluent English or German language skills mandatory
- Interest in advanced and follow-up training
- Highly committed, team player, able to work under pressure, personal integrity, analytically structured thinking and in possession of good soft skills
- Further it would be a plus if you have experience in analytical chemistry and organic chemistry ,
- Experience in working with quality guidelines (e.g. ISO 17025)
- Working experience in commercial laboratory
- Possess sound interpersonal skills to collaborate with others, share ideas, train junior technicians
- Strong problem-solving skills, resilient and able to work under pressure
- If you are interested in this exciting position, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role relative to your experience, in English or German via the website (see below) or directly to direkt an Dr. David Psomiadis (email@example.com). Your application will be treated in strictest confidentiality.